Please visit me again! The page is being continuously extended and improved. Last manual update on 07-Jul-2020. Statistical data are automatically updated on daily basis.
Switzerland (OpenZH) 08-Jul-2020 08:00
Switzerland (FOPH) 07-Jul-2020 08:00
Contacts and links
- If suspicion: in canton Zurich Aerztefon 0800 33 66 55
- Hotline BAG 058 463 00 00 open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- FOPH (BAG) (Federal Office of Public Health)
- Cases in Switzerland (SRF - nur Deutsch)
- Statistics Switzerland (Rob Salzer on GitHub)
- COVID-19 (Swiss national science task force)
- Situation in Europe (ECDC European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control)
- Situation worldwide (ECDC European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control)
- Situation worldwide (Johns Hopkins University)
- Overall statistics (Worldometer)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
Links to cantonal rules, regulations and informations
Explanatory video and tips by FOPH (BAG) (Federal Office of Public Health)
- How to use a face mask.
- How to wash your hands thoroughly.
- How to cough and sneeze correctly.
- What are the symptoms?
|07/06||Masks compulsory on all public transport. Travellers from certain regions will have to go into quarantine. Events attended by more than 1,000 people remain prohibited until at least the end of August.|
|06/25||SwissCovid-App for mobile phones is available in the App-Stores. It should help with automatic contact tracing.|
|06/22||New easings of neasures:
|06/19||The 'exceptional situation' in Switzerland ends on June, 19 and is reduced to 'special situation'.|
|06/15||Open boarders to countries of the Schengen area and United Kingdom.|
|06/06||3nd phase of easing of the lockdown. Open / permitted again:
|05/28||2nd phase of easing of the lockdown (continuted). Permitted again:
|05/11||2nd phase of easing of the lockdown. Open / permitted again:
|04/27||1st phase of easing of the lockdown. Open / permitted again:
|03/16||The Swiss Federal Council decides 'exceptional situation' and imposes an emergency from midnight. All non-vital businesses will be closed.|
|03/13||Switzerland: more than 1000 cases, more than 10 deaths|
|03/11||WHO officially declares corona virus to 'pandemy'.|
|03/05||Switzerland: first corona death, 74-year-old woman in Lausanne (canton Vaud). 100 cases.|
|02/28||The Swiss Federal Council classifies the situation as a 'special situation' according to the Epidemic Act.|
Events with more than 1000 persons are forbidden.
|02/25||First corona virus case in Switzerland (Ticino).|
|02/12||1000 cases in China.|
|01/30||The WHO declares a “health emergency of international scope”.|
|01/27||The first case in Germany.|
|01/24||The first case in Europe, in France.|
|01/21||The first case in the United States.|
|01/11||A first death is registered in China.|
|01/07||The pathogen is identified as a new species from the well-known family of corona viruses.|
|12/31||The WHO is officially activated. China reports its illnesses.|
|12/01||The first cases of mysterious pneumonia occur in the Chinese city of Wuhan.|